FACP Leadership Institute
(Now accepting applications for 2021-2022)
The Leadership Institute is a one-year program.
Our vision is to identify, foster and develop leaders of local collaborative practice groups, the Florida Academy of Collaborative Professionals, and the broader collaborative community.
Participants (“Leadership Fellows”) will do the following:
- Learn leadership skills to help advance the collaborative community;
- Build connections with other up and coming leaders in the collaborative community;
- Build connections with current leaders of your local, statewide, and international collaborative communities; and
- Exchange ideas on how to improve the local collaborative community.
Leadership Fellows must commit to the following mandatory requirements of the Leadership Institute:
1. In-Person Meetings:
- On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at the new J.W. Marriott Water Street Hotel in Tampa, Florida (the day before the 2021 FACP Annual Statewide Conference – occurring June 4 and 5, 2021);
- For two days, September 24-25, 2021 in Lake Mary, Florida (northern suburb of Orlando, at Exit 101A of I-4);
- On Thursday, June 9, 2022 at the new J.W. Marriott Water Street Hotel in Tampa, Florida (the day before the 2022 FACP Annual Statewide Conference – occurring June 10 and 11, 2022).
2. Attending the FACP Conferences in 2021 and 2022 at their own expense.
3. Planning and presenting a workshop at the 2022 FACP Conference.
4. Virtually attending bi-monthly videoconference meetings, lasting approximately 1 hour each. These will be held on the 3rd Wednesday of alternate months at 12:00 noon. Specifically:
- August 18, 2021
- November 17, 2021
- January 19, 2022
- March 16, 2022; and
- May 18, 2022
Travel costs, hotel stays, and conference registration fees related to the in-person meetings and the FACP conferences shall be the responsibility and at the expense of the individual Leadership Fellows participating in the Leadership Institute. The registration fee for the Leadership Institute will however include some meals associated with the in-person meetings on June 3, 2021, September 24-25, 2021 and June 9, 2022.
In order to for each member of the Leadership Institute to fully benefit from the program both individually and through establishing the networking connection anticipated to develop through the Leadership Institute, attendance at the in-person meetings and virtual bi-monthly videoconferences will be strictly enforced. The failure of a Leadership Fellow to satisfy the attendance requirement or to participate in the presentation of a workshop at the 2022 FACP Conference will be grounds for dismissal from the Leadership Institute.
To build strong and healthy leadership in the Collaborative community Leadership Fellows are expected to exercise the skills and connections they make through the Leadership Institute in the collaborative community at the practice group, statewide, and international levels.
The fee for each participant in the Leadership Institute is the nominal amount of $350.00 to cover food and ancillary costs. It is up to each Practice group whether they want to contribute to their nominee’s costs. However, we suggest that the Practice group pays half, and the nominee pays half, although we are mindful that travel costs are part of the commitment. The Leadership Institute Committee chairs and members are generously donating their substantial time to foster a new generation of leaders.
All candidates to the FACP Leadership Institute must be nominated by a local Practice Group. There will be a maximum total of 18 Leadership Fellows, and a maximum of 2 Leadership Fellows selected from each Practice Group. Practice Groups may nominate as many candidates as they wish. The Leadership Institute Committee seeks to select at least one Leadership Fellow from each practice group in Florida. Any member of a practice group who has completed a two-day Introductory Collaborative Training is eligible for consideration except for current presidents/co-chairs of practice groups.
Applications must be submitted along with all supporting documents by January 25, 2021.
Please email your completed applications to Mercedes McGowan, Ph.D. at e-mail: email@example.com.
For more information contact: (i) Teresa F. Parnell, Psy.D. at firstname.lastname@example.org or (407) 862-2722; (ii) Mercedes McGowan, Ph.D. at email@example.com or (904) 373-0659; or (iii) Matthew E. Thatcher at firstname.lastname@example.org or 813-225-1818
Please complete the attached application. Feel free to write or complete your answers on a separate page and attach it if you need more room.